Old 5 Jun 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
DISCOVERY COVE

These aren’t the best photos unfortunately.

So we checked in at 7.10 thinking it was open at 7.15am. Turns out it was 6.45am but never mind. The queue for breakfast had died down by the time we got there.

Food wise I wasn’t overly impressed when we went in 2017 so I was hoping for an improvement on then. All food and drink is included in the day. Some alcoholic drinks you buy a separate drinks package. That’s not something we did.

Breakfast was ok. Nothing special but it did a job. It’s like a canteen with different selections you can ask for. We noted lots had been pre plated that you could grab as you walked past. There was also fruit, pastries etc.

Not many photos for breakfast I’m afraid.

Next onto one of the highlights of the holiday. I’ll go into more depth in the trip report when I get to this day but I had secretly booked the Elite Cabana Package. I really fought with the decision of whether to keep this booking or not due to the expense but I was so pleased we did. I had requested one over looking the dolphin pool and that’s exactly what we got. Pics of the cabana in the trip report but we had a little chest filled with snacks and a fridge stocked with water and soft drinks. The cabana was fantastic!

At various places you get snacks as well throughout the day. It was things like peanuts, crisps, rice crispy treats etc. Hot snacks were available as well but changed depending on the time of day. For instance it was salty pretzels until 12 noon and then different types of warm cookies after. Photo fail I’m afraid.

We had lunch around 1.15pm after we finished our dolphin swim. It wasn’t to busy queue wise and I found it personally much better than last time. The was a wide variety of food including kids choices as well and some nice desserts. I’ve a few photos of what we had.

So we certainly didn’t go hungry!

Overall we had a brilliant day and we all enjoyed it far more than we did in 2017 and turned out to be one of the biggest highlights of the holiday. I do think the cabana helped with this though. Very doubtful we will do this again due to the expense but for this trip the cost was worth it

Edited at 08:36 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List