Old 6 Jun 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
SIMPSONS FAST FOOD BOULEVARD

Disappointingly the girls weren’t that keen on having breakfast this morning so we had to make up for it by having an early lunch while at Universal Studios. My breakfast plans have been in disarray this time unfortunately

We had tried to visit the Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard on our last visit in 2017 but the queues were so horrendous we had to go elsewhere. Seeing as it was only 11:30 am I was hopeful we wouldn’t have the same problem! My thoughts were correct as when we walked in it was still fairly quiet. The themeing in this food court is really good. I’m not going lie I’m not a massive Simpsons fan anymore although I used to be. I haven’t watched the program in many years but I still enjoyed it inside. The kids don’t know much about it either.

Most of the tables had reserved signs on them and it was noticeable that when someone was carrying a tray of food a member of staff would remove a reserved sign so they could sit down. This was pretty good and stopped people from getting tables before ordering food.

At this food court, it is divided into different areas depending on what kind of food you want to eat, ranging from chicken, fish, pizzas, salads and sandwiches to burgers. You pay at one location though. This can be awkward if everyone wants different items of food so you do need to do a bit of a juggling act to all eat together. Luckily for us this wasn’t too much of an issue and we all got our food roughly at the same time.

I was using my universal dining plan cards again to pay and Evie went for a kids meal using a dining plan card that I had leftover from last time. She chose from Luigi’s Pizza. She went for kids Meat Liker’s Pizza which she really enjoyed. Note that not all of the venues do kids meals. I know Krusty Burger doesn’t have a kids menu.

Kelly went to the Frying Dutchman. She chose the Battered and Plattered Fish. Fresh Caught, Hand Cut Cod, Fried in a Batter, With Tater Tots, Hushpuppy, and Homemade Tarter Sauce or Cocktail Sauce. She wassurprised at how generous portion was. She really enjoyed this. Her combo meal came with a milkshake as well. She went for chocolate.

Lily and I both went to Krusty Burger where we both had hotdogs. Lily went for the
Heat Lamp Dog, a 6 inch Nathan’s all beef hot dog with Kurly Fries. She really enjoyed this. Again it came with a milkshake.

I went for a Sideshow Bob foot long all beef hot dog. I got cheese sauce and diced onions on it. It came with Kurly Fries and a hot dog. I also had a chocolate milkshake. I really enjoyed mine.

Overall we all really enjoyed our meals in a great themed quick service location. I was surprised how much we all enjoyed it and we would definitely do it again. My little tip would be to eat quite early to avoid the queues and crowds.

Just an extra note about our experiences of the Universal Dining Plan. As stated in the pre-trip report I pre bought three lots of these for our visits to the parks. I also had quite a few items leftover from last time. At one of the guest services in CityWalk I took all the cards and got a proper note of what was on each card. We didn’t use all the items on the cards this time. They are non expiry so I know for next time that we have some food already taken care of. I know it doesn’t save you a great deal of money but I like having everything paid for in advance so I really like having the Universal Dining Plan.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List