Old 7 Jun 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
CRACKER BARREL

Please excuse the quality of photos in this one.

This has been on the to do list for a while. On previous visits we’d never been located close to one so now we were situated on the 192 the gave us a perfect opportunity to try it. When I pictured Cracker Barrel in my head I saw something from backward, out in the middle of nowhere Town, USA. Perhaps it’s the penchant for grits on the menu or maybe just because I’m slightly odd.

The girls weren’t that happy about going out to breakfast and this reflected in the meal itself.

When we tried to go the other day on Memorial Sunday and there was a queue out the door but when we turned up at 8.30am Wednesday morning it was very quiet. I was hoping to see an old timer with no teeth sitting on one of the rocking chairs outside, whittling away while drinking moonshine but sadly not. No Duelling Banjoes on the speakers either.

We walked through the shop to be seated in a very quiet restaurant.The girls were bickering and arguing so I wasn’t in the best of mood because of this. This unfortunately comes out in the lack of photos. Food photo fail.

Our sever came quickly and took drink orders while we had a look at the menu. The girls weren’t particularly happy about the kids menu so we just ordered them a couple of pancakes each with some fruit. Both didn’t like their pancakes. They said it was the oil they were cooked with but I don’t know.

A grumpy Lily.

Kelly ordered apple and cinnamon pancakes. She really liked hers. She thought the pancakes were good and found them much nicer to eat than the ones at Keke’s(I duck as write this incase Keke’s apostles throw forks at me.)

The cool little bottles the maple syrup is served in. Kelly would drink this neat.

As I seem fixated with old timers, I went for the Old Timers breakfast. I went sans eggs though as I don’t like them. I had pancakes, hash brown casserole, bacon and sugar ham. I really enjoyed mine. The hash brown casserole was particularly good. Both me and Kelly enjoyed the pancakes and had no idea what the girls were on about to be honest.

I thought the food was good and I liked Cracker Barrel. The kids behaviour ruined it a little bit but I’d definitely like to try it again one day. Strangely being so quiet was a little off putting as well. It cost $58 with tip.

Once we’d finished we had a little look in the shop before heading off for the day.

Without the kids it would have been good but probably sadly relegated to less memorable meals.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List