View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisDubs
Gone all Goofy

Day 2 – Seaworld

Early start this morning, even though we had been so late to bed last night. I was up at 4.30am, DH was up at 5.30am and the boys wandered down shortly afterwards. We were absolutely starving as we hadn't eaten anything substantial since Wetherspoons. I don't think anyone can say plane food is substantial..!

Myself and DH had a couple of bagels and coffee. I had an "everyday" bagel (onion and garlic with cream cheese) and DH had a blueberry bagel with butter. Why do bagels taste so much better on holiday? The boys had some cereal we brought from home (Kelloggs variety pack).

After a good look around the villa and a bit of a splash in the pool, we decided to head to IHOP for our second breakfast – our holiday had truly begun..! We arrived at about 8.00am and were seated straight away. Myself and DH had coffee and the boys had apple juice. I ordered a 2 x 2 x 2 (2 eggs, 2 bacon, hash browns and 2 slices of toast) and a side of fruit (grapes, pineapple & melon). DH ordered the Breakfast Sampler (2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausage links, 2 slices of ham, hash browns and 2 buttermilk pancakes). DS1 had a tall stack of buttermilk pancakes and sampled all the syrups on offer – Old Fashioned, Blueberry, Butter Pecan and Strawberry (Old Fashioned was his favourite..!) DS2 had, you guessed it, toast with a side of sausages – the first of many! He got four sausages but by the time we got the photograph taken he had eaten one and a half – apologies..!

(Scene of the crime- first of many..! )

Breakfast was hot, fresh and tasty, as always. Restaurant was clean and our server, Amber, was friendly and efficient. Cost was $49.78 excluding tip.

After breakfast we headed to Seaworld for rope drop. We were still full from breakfast and didn't intend staying in Seaworld for the full day, so we just had a few snacks. We had some popcorn (photo courtesy of Google - $5.86) and two ice-cream cookie sandwiches ($10.63).

We left Seaworld at about 2.00pm as it was so hot and headed back to the villa for an afternoon in the pool, On the way we stopped off in Target and picked up some rolls, Jack Daniels Pulled Pork, Jack Daniels Pulled Chicken and some Pepperjack cheese. We also got some Doritos and cheesy dip for later. No photos again, sorry.. I'd love to say we get better, but we don't..! Cost $36.33.

After a lovely afternoon by the pool, our choice for dinner this evening was take out from Cici's Pizza. We ordered a large pepperoni pizza and a cheesy garlic bread - $13.95. Not gourmet food, but hot, fresh, great value and even better, you could eat your dinner in your swimming costume..!

After dinner, the kids settled down with their devices and we sat at the pool with a couple of drinks, Doritos and jalapeno cheese dip.. The fake cheese in a can is one of those things we think we love and look forward to getting, but when we get it, it's never as nice as we remembered..! Won't stop us getting it again next time though.

Total food spends today - $116.55 excluding tips
Overall food spends - £36.26 & $205.46 (excluding tips)
DisDubs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List