View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thrillin',Chillin',Feet are Killin' Day 13: He who dares should think twice !

Monday 31 August - the previous day is HERE

Ugh

Last full Day

Pants

And I wake up feeling full of cold

Double Pants

But at least we had slept in till 8.30 – typical, you get to the end of the holiday before you really start to get in the habit of a decent lie in !

Some of these soon restored good humour and energy

Mmm, staple breakfast food in a box.

The morning was full of the excitement of laundry, ironing and packing. I just dont know how I contain myself sometimes

The teens surfaced around 1030 and we headed off to Perkins for our final breakfast (sniff) around 1130

I had the Texas Tater tots ( with pulled pork)

Both boys had the chicken tender sandwich - they said the fries werent nice which was a shame

Andy had the breakfast trio

It was nice but somehow not as good as our very first breakfast - probably the going home blues

We then made a quick stop at Walmart to pick up a new case

The choice was quite limited and we ended up with a two wheel one rather than the preferred 4 wheeler

The boys complained that it would be a pain to manoeuvre but when presented with this choice “its either buy this two wheeler now , or stop at another Walmart and waste yet another hour looking for a 4 wheeler” , the unanimous vote was that we could live with 2 wheels …

Said case - $40

We still had one round of golf left to play so decided to do that on the way home.

Given the angst the new case had caused, Andy decided to add a little competitive dare to the golf by declaring that the loser would have to be responsible for the red holdall on the trip home .

This is large, heavy and very hard to lug around – so in short , everyone hates it and all try to pretend they havent seen it going round on the carousel so they cant be landed with it.

But hey, Andy was adamant that this was a good stake for the competition

Suitable anarchic golf followed

These two spent most of their time plotting how to avoid the booby prize

Some cheating took place

It was getting quite tense as we approached the final hole

The referee began randomly deducting and adding points based on the abuse and questioining of mathematical competence that was taking place.

And there were of course no recriminations at all when Andy somehow went from being in the lead to being overtaken on the last few holes and coming last

Uh oh - who gets the red holdall now then ! He didn’t hear the last of it and the car journey and much of the afternoon were spent in recriminations and accusations as to who exactly had pulled a fast one and caused him to lose the match

Ah, mini golf, you just can’t beat it

The triumphant teens opted to spend the afternoon in the apartment, although Jamie did venture up to the pool a little later to join Andy and I – we had a nice couple of hours just relaxing and soaking up those last few hours of precious Florida rays

Pool was rammed as normal

For a communal pool, it was so quiet, it was fab !

We made our way back to the apartment around 4.30, which is just as well as the heavens opened about 15 minutes later.

Wet swimwear deposited in the laundry and we snuggled up in our beds to watch some tv.

I know, we are really rocking this last day thing

But we all felt quite chilled out and around 7pm decided to venture out to the Applebees at Orange Lake

Our last meal , sob, - it was very busy , we had a 30 minute wait which we have never encountered at an Applebees before

We had a voucher for a free appetiser and went for the Honey BBQ boneless wings

I had the potstickers and and Kobe meatballs from the $9.99 for 2 menu.

These were yummy and the sauce with the meatballs was really spicy – recommend both of these as being very nomlicious

Connor went for a bacon cheeseburger but didnt really enjoy it – not sure if it was the food or just the going home thing

Jamie had the cross cut ribs and boneless wings , again from the 2 for $9.99 menu. The ribs were ok, not the best.

Andy went for a triple cheese burger - he enjoyed this

And of course those delicious caramel pretzel bread bites ..

Last day blues and all that , I cant find the receipt. The burgers are on a deal on a Monday and are $6.99 so with the drinks and meals, it came to $58

We had " those " heads on again ...

It was good value and a nice atmosphere – just a shame that it didn’t quite leave us on a high note – maybe we should have gone back to Buffalo Wild Wings instead.

Ah well, next time, eh

Its around 9.30 when we get back home – that’s when it really hits you – coming “home” for the last time .

Trying not to be too sad – we have done what we wanted and are pretty ready to come home now – its Connors birthday in a few days and I have lots going on at work so these last few days have been a little overcast with other thoughts.

We line up the cases that are packed by the door and start the sweep of the rooms – you know, the one that’s designed to make sure nothing gets left behind and so that we don’t have much to do in the morning

Never quite works out like that though does it ?

Total Spends for today

$52 Perkins
$40 Walmart
$58 Applebees

And NO SHOPPING ( Walmart does not count !)

Edited at 09:11 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List