View Single Post
Old 28 May 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

*Aloha!* September 2016 Trip Report...Intro & Travel Day(s)

Inspired by another Dibb thread on how helpful trip reports can be (although, probably not this one), I’m going to attempt to write this in full before I try to start another pre-trippie. I think i’ll attempt to get all my words down first before I upload as there’s nothing worse than becoming invested in someones holiday, only to find it’s never completed…tsk!

A little disclaimer…am crap at photos. I begin well, and have the best of intentions, but would rather eat my food the second it graces the table than line up an instagram worthy picture. I’ll most likely be using Google to fill in the blanks, save you dying of boredom when all you want is an artful picture of a dole whip.

So i’ll start with introductions first…

Me, Onion, 28. I’m a civil servant so I must have committed some awful sins in my previous life! I’ve worked there for 10 years now, and have just welcomed 5 extra days Annual Leave which I plan to blow on 4 weeks in Orlando this Sept

I love Disney...don’t we all. Sometimes I wonder if I should, you know, actually be an adult and stop eating lunch off Disney crockery aimed squarely at the under 5s, and, more importantly, buy my pj’s from somewhere grown-up like M&S rather than bedazzled princess ones from Primark. But then I fire up the Dibb and realise I’m not alone.

Everything about Orlando makes me happy…the heat, the smell, the people, the food, the sound of the crickets at night. But seriously, it’s almost mostly about the food. I’m a big snacker. A Shamu sized snacker, if you will. So of course, I’m doing SW, trying to shed some poundage so I can pile it back on again in September and be fat and warm throughout winter Here’s hoping for a bout of gastric flu in August then as I’m wolfing Aero Bubbles as I type.

My fiancé, Bear, also 28, is my side-kick in life and Disney. Not a big fan to begin with, he soon learnt the error of his ways and now insists we return every year…probably in fear of his life if he didn’t suggest this, but I won’t ponder too much on that.

Bear is especially fond of the Orlando heat, the prickly grass, the gators (I don’t think he’s ever met a full sized one…all talk and no trousers) and the full fat food. Bear, unlike Shamu over here, is precious about his fitness and protein intake…his body is a temple and all that *zzzzzzz* To be fair to him, he isn’t one of those tanks at the gym who bores everyone to death with tales of shakes and juicing etc, because I’d happily end his life if he was, but he does have the willpower of a saint throughout the year and hardly eats anything bad. Woe betide you get in between him and a Mickey krispie head once he’s off that plane though, it’s like a scene from Planet Earth.

So that is us! Moving on…

We travelled on 15th September 2016, with the following itinerary;
15th AoA, Little Mermaid room

16-18th Polynesian DVC (plus DxDDP)

18-20th Clarion Inn, LBV

20-24th Sapphire Falls, Universal (plus $150 room credit)

24-1st Animal Kingdom Villas (plus DDP)

A lot of moving around, I know…but frankly, it encourages me to pack lightly(ish) and suits us fine as we’ve no kids to wrestle about with.

Stay tuned for tales of onsite and offsite adventures, food, cocktails, Halloween Horror Nights (if you're thinking of going to this for the first time, don't), more food, definitely more cocktails, and shopping.

Travel Day(s) coming up next...prepare for the grumbles

O x

Edited at 10:18 AM.
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List