View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post
Im a little confused. When did you book & pay deposit? Then when was due date? Your ticket can be used up until October this year?

Do you know if the 100 euro change fee is each way or total for return?

Sorry about the confusion.
I booked flights -deposit only paid in August 19 for my July 20 flights.
The full balance wasn't due until some time later (I think march).

Instead of waiting until March to pay the balance, I went ahead in October 19 and paid the full balance.

The tickets were then issued, meaning I could change flights (subject to a 100 each way fee and any difference in fare value) BUT the flights had to take place BEFORE 30/10/20 which is 365 from the date the full balance/e-tickets are paid/issued.

IF I had NOT paid the full balance early, but deposit only, then, in March I would have had to decide whether to cancel and lose my deposit OR take my chances and pay the balance.

As it stands, if I cancel, I will only get taxes back (less admin fee) and thats only about 200 in total for 2 return tickets.

So, I'll wait to see what happens in July and am hoping either the FCO say unsafe to fly and I can then get a refund OR can maybe claim on insurance.
From past experience, AL are quite rigid and not as flexible as some airlines!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York.[B]07/20[B] CANCELLED_OH NO
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List