Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DoubleDisney View Post
I’m beginning to think about next years visit. We have never been to Universal before and I’m a bit confused about how much tickets cost and where to get them from. I always just buy my Disney tickets direct but they seem far more expensive on the universal website. Does anyone know how much it would cost for 2 day tickets with front of line pass. Not staying on site. Would I need to have park hopper or would 1 day at each park be ok? Many thanks.
The cheapest option would probably be a 2-Day Base ticket for $199 plus 2 days of Single-Use Express Passes for $140 (price depends on date - this is the cheapest price). So, a total of $340+tax per person - about £275pp - for one park per day with Express passes on the cheapest date.

If you want to park hop then the price will be around $75 more per person for a 2-Day Park-to-Park ticket plus 2-Park Express Passes.

Another option would be to buy the 2-Day Base tickets (as above) plus book a night at one of the Universal deluxe hotels. You can sometimes stay at the RPR from around £200 ($260) per night for the room (not per person). So, that would cost around $330+tax per person (based on 2 people in the room) but would give you Unlimited Express passes on your check-in and check-out dates.

As mentioned above, the VIP Experience is another option. It sounds excellent but do note that it costs from $200+tax per person per day for the two park version ($189 is for the one park version) and doesn't include tickets. The price also depends on the date you visit like the Express passes. So, I suppose you could get a 1-Day Park-to-Park ticket for $179 plus a 2-Park VIP package for $200 which would come to $380+tax per person for one day (not two).

In summary, the rough minimum prices (without tax) per person are:
  • 2-Day Base ticket plus single park Express Passes = $340
  • 2-Day Base ticket plus a night in a hotel with Express passes = $330
  • 2-Day Park hopper ticket plus 2-park Express Passes = $415
  • 1-Day Park hopper ticket plus 1 day VIP experience at both parks = $380

As you can see, it's not cheap!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List