View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 1

Here's the countdown on my fridge - we started it over two years ago (it's done two holidays now):

I nearly posted this but realised just in time that my son had been playing a joke on me

Day 1 (Travel Day)
Five of us are flying out of Manchester with Thomas Cook at lunchtime on Saturday, 7th July. We only live about an hour away and have booked a minibus to get there. Before Christmas, I got a deal, through Martin Lewis, on an airport lounge, so we are heading there for breaky and a relax. We have booked a 7 seater with Car on the Drive - I know they're pricey but DH loved the service we had last time and they will insure DS (23) to drive the car which will take a weight off DH's shoulders as he usually ends up doing all the driving in the US. Strange really, because I do it all at home, as DH drives a lot for work, and I have driven all over the continent but the US roads scare me! The plan is to get the villa, unpack, settle in, dip in the pool and order Flippers pizza to eat with some wine that COTD are getting for us.
Because the holiday has a few surprises for people in it, I have made little A4 posters for each day we are there. I did this last time too. I produce the poster the night before so everyone knows what we are doing the next day, what time they need to be ready, what they need to take with them, any surprises I have planned etc I put pictures on of restaurants and the logo of any parks to be visited.
Here's one I made earlier - sorry it's a bit muzzy :

This is where I'm counting down the days for:

I'll try to do day 2 tomorrow but the eagle-eyed may notice some clues in the muzzy picture
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List