View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 10, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post

I have stayed at 2 of the sites, here are a couple of reviews.

Caravanning des 4 Vents - I stayed here a couple of years ago, it was a ok site, there was several things I didn't like, I stayed there in late August. You could be pitched next to the road & there was traffic noise all hours, not major road noise but it didn't make it the most peaceful place. The pool, was not somewhere you could spend some time around, you could not take your towels in with you, as there was powerful showers as you went in, the pool is 4-5ft deep with no swallow areas, there was a 6 year old in my party & she really want to go in the pool but was too scared as she couldn't reach the bottom. Also there was no loungers so you couldn't spend time sitting around the pool. This is a personal thing but there were high hedges around many of the pitches, which I found it a bit isolating. I like my space, however it's nice to have neighbours to say hi too. It did have nice showers & was nicely kept.

Camping Les Etangs Fleuris - I stayed here last year, & liked it so much more that then 4 vents. It had a lovely pool which goes out like a beach to the deep end (don't know if they have a posh name), with loungers so you could spend around the pool. There was a long road on the site so all the pitches were a good distance from the road, but the site was a quiet stretch of road. The site was really well kept, the toilets & showers very cleaned several times per day, they weren't the newest but well kept. The pitches were a really good size, I had a 6 man tunnel tent & a 3 man pop up tent, & 2 cars parked on the pitch, with table, chairs, washing line, bbq/ cooker, with time to room to spare. There was a lovely stream running though the site, with 2 lakes which people could fish from with loads of wildlife in. They also had static caravans on site, which all looked really well maintained. I'm planning on going back to this site next year as I loved it, there was things to do on the site for the kids but it was also really there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List