View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 22, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Carhire

Our 2020 trip was initially meant to be a villa so we defo needed a car and had booked via Discount Florida Car Hire and again with the rescheduled trips. However, when it came to this one the prices had sky rocketed. We contemplated just using the Disney buses but we do ultimately like the freedom of a car and staying DVC means we don’t have to pay for parking.

Plus it will make the two hotel moves a bit easier too! With two prams, 4 (or more) suitcases etc.

We searched (& continue to do so) but Avis booking direct was the best price, after seeing a Dibb tip that if you pick up from the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal it’s quite a bit cheaper. Plus if you ring up it’s often discounted further.

Both were true for us too and we’ve booked for the day after we land for Richard to collect after a morning at Magic Kingdom. He’ll probably Uber there as I imagine the kids will be tired so I’ll keep them at the resort.

It is due to be a “mid size” which is a Ford Edge or similar for 20 nights and drop off at MCO.

Avis doesn’t have the *best* reviews for its cars upon pick up, as you don’t get to pick you just get what you’re given, but let’s hope the discount makes it worthwhile any potential issues. If not, Richard will be driving it back to MCO!

Other Stuff
So I think the above covers most of the big ‘stuff’ booked and we’ve also:

* ordered our Landrys card for Richard ✅
I already have one but we’ll have his new membership credit to use along with my birthday credit too.

* completed our ESTAs ✅

* done our park reservations for Disney ✅

* completed online check in for our Disney hotels (yes, already!) ✅

* booked our private airport transfers with Skippy Transportation for our arrival day, which includes a short stop off at a grocery store ✅

Plenty of other things to do but next up is ADR day…

ADRs

Fast approaching our 60 day window & nervous for if we’ll get anything at all but it’s much less about the sit down restaurants for us this trip. I see us doing a lot more quick service and “as and when” the kids are hungry (all the time) and awake etc.

We always tend to do Breakfast in our room with a few exceptions, so it’s mostly lunch and dinner.

I’m not sure if the kids will be for very much in the evenings after we first arrive, they are NOT used to late nights and are we are routine-y people so good luck to us 😂

But anyway! Those we want:
* Topolinos (late breakfast)
* Ohana - hopefully on my birthday
* Homecomin’ - love it here & so desperate for a slice of their Hummingbird cake after being too full last time
* Yachtsman Steakhouse - still a maybe but always wanted to try it and so close whilst we are at Beach Club
* Via Napoli - all about the mahoooosive pizza here

Would like to do the Boathouse & Wine Bar George but just not sure we have enough time. The next trip I guess…

We’ll also use our Landrys for
* Yak n Yeti
* Rainforest Cafe or T Rex

Then some quick services we want to do:
* Casey’s - firm fave
* Satuli Canteen
* Blaze
* Polite Pig
* Earl of Sandwich (ALL about the holiday sandwich no matter the time of year)

Then finally lots of off site faves:
* Longhorns
* Outback
* Bahama Breeze
* Millers
* Teak
* IHOP
* Market St Cafe in Celebration

It’s a good job we are there for 3 weeks 😂

And, that’s before I’ve even covered snacks and treats which is my favourite part. Looking forward to also seeing what the Flower & Garden festival has to offer too!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List