Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 7 - Hollywood Studios

The dining report for today is here.

Today was Star Wars day and we had DHS booked. We went back and forth on this but since we normally go September we decided to risk it and if it was awful we'd just leave. We talked it over and decided we’d go to the park based on what time we got RotR for. As it happened we got it for 10.30am. I then managed to get SDD for 9.45am so that made up our minds what time to go. Mum wasn’t feeling great, she wondered if she'd maybe got sunstroke waiting for us outside Mission Space, so said she’d give it a miss.

We left around 9ish and decided to pay for preferred parking since we were a bit later. Dad was really struggling with his knee this trip and a walk round the world yesterday didn't help!It cost us $20 which with no trams was really worth it and it was a short walk to the park. We were parked in line with the Skyliner.

We headed straight for Slinky Dog Dash and after I scanned in I managed to get Toy Story Mania for about half an hour later. We went for food in between to Woodys lunch box and we all got the breakfast bowl. It was really busy and finding a table wasn't easy!

After TSM we went round to RotR. I do get a bit carried away taking photos on this!

I had made a LL for Star Tours in the queue for TSM so we then did that. While in the queue I made another for Smugglers Run but it wasn’t until later so we went for a drink at Dockside diner. Marie got the kaluha and baileys milk shake and dad and I got a vanilla "milkshake" which was basically ice cream.

More Galaxy's Edge pictures.

After that we rode Smugglers Run then left. Marie had got a back up virtual queue for the May 4th Merch but we didn’t want to wait. To be honest it wasn’t any busier than any any other day and no more special. A bit disappointing really.

Mum wasn’t there when we came back. We hung around for a bit and had just got up to have a wander round the resort to find her when she appeared. We decided to pop over to Scat Cats Club and get some beignets and coffee to sit in. You can order 3 for $6.99 or 6 for $10.99 and since we all wanted one we ordered 6 and took two back to the room.

Marie wanted to go to the Lake Buena Vista outlet for one shop so I suggested we pop there and then go for dinner on the way back. Mum didn't want to come so it was just the three of us again.
We decided on Saltgrass Steakhouse as it was on our way. It's a Landry restaurant so I knew we wouldn't have a wait but it was pretty early and the restaurant was empty anyway. In fact we were early enough for the lunch menu . Marie and I went for the filet and Dad the sirloin. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference when they came out.
We got some bread to start.

Marie got a cocktail and Dad got a beer.

At Saltgrass you get soup or a salad with your meal. We all got salad, Dad the house and Marie & I the caesar.

This is my steak - they all looked the same.

This was nice although it could have done with a sauce.
Overall it was good value for money but not the best steak I had this trip. I did remember to get my Landry points though.

I have no more notes for today so I'm not sure what we did. I think we had a walk round the resort and another early night .

Trip Report Index

Edited at 06:09 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List