View Single Post
Old 17 May 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
How experienced a hiker are you? I'm seeing both my two younger kids this weekend and I can ask them for suggestions, they all seem the same to me. There is a cog raolway that goes up Mt. Washington and an auto road. My kids think you should only hike on foot. I've seen the cog railway and it is quite verticle. Mt. Washington is the highest peak in the east and has snow year round but can be climbed in the summer, late spring and early fall.

I drive all over the state for work and as I drive, I'll think of you and let you know if something catches my eye. Unfortunately, during tourist season, my thoughts while driving are sometimes not welcoming as I try to get to court on time and someone is driving slowly and admiring the folliage along Lake Winnepasaukee.
I would say we like a hike, but are not the most experienced... Mt Washington may be beyond me, but I have considered driving it (although that also looks scary! ). We managed the moderate trails in Yosemite, but the advanced ones were beyond us! We mostly like to see pretty views without a vertical climb!

We may be one of the tourists driving slowly in October... Sorry in advance to all New Englanders!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List