Old 2 Oct 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Travel Day

Breakfast was a Belvita biscuit and some coffee in the room.

I only had a couple of bites as it was 6am and I wasn't that hungry.
We had decided to have some food on the flight to Dublin but they didn't seem to be serving hot food, presumably due to the size of plane. Instead Marie had a muffin and I finished by Belvita biscuit. We both also had a Kenco Latte which is basically one of those pre-prepared cups that you add hot water to. These were actually quite nice.

When we got to Dublin we were going to eat somewhere at The Loop but pre clearance looked busy so we decided just to go through. We went straight to 51st & Green and ate there.

It looked like we had just missed the hot breakfast . We grabbed a scone and I got something that was choux pastry and praline cream.

I actually wished I’d got more of these as they were gone when I went back up. It wasn’t long before the hot lunch food came out which was macaroni cheese and a small roll with cheese and pulled pork. The mac and cheese was ok but the roll was a bit hard.
There was also some salad with cold meat, cheese, biscuits and crisps. There were some small rolls that I had with the cheese later too.

The food on the flight was ok. The choice was beef something, chicken something and a vegetarian option. I didn’t make many notes on this but I had the beef stroganoff and I think Marie had ravioli. We got an ice cream mid flight and then a “wrap” just before landing. This was a cheese, tomato and red pepper wrap that Marie thought was like pizza. It was pretty awful and I didn’t finish mine. Marie was starving so she ate hers.
Sorry, that's pretty poor but I'd turned my phone off for the flight so no photos.

When we arrived at Boardwalk we had planned on getting some chicken nuggets from the To Go booth but it was closed. All that was open was the bakery, the pizza window and the table service restaurants. The pizza queue was quite big and we didn’t fancy anything from the bakery. In the end we went to the shop and got lunchables, orange juice and crisps. This cost $26.57. I was missing DDP already!

So food cost today was $26.57. I'm not counting anything before we arrived!
On DDP we could have used 6 snacks I think but I didn't check.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 06:46 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List