View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there lovely lady 😘

Gosh it's been a long time. I'm sure you've been busy with the kids all summer.

I've only been back at school 2 days and the holiday seems a distant memory. I'm so glad I was brave and took the plunge. We had such a good time all of us, 3 generations! It was absolutely brilliant to get away, relax, spend time together and just forget for two weeks all about cases and deaths and everything.

We realised when we did the snorkeling on the beach that there were absolutely loads of jellyfish in the sea. I mean loads! We were lucky I guess to not be stung more. It wasn't too bad on your legs, very similar to a stinging nettle but poor Max on his face. No lasting damage though and it was nowhere near as bad as the poor guy who stepped on the sea urchin and had to have the stings all pulled put with tweezers. He was laying on that sunbed for about an hour.

I think we were lucky the resort was just busy enough for all the a la carte restaurants to be open a few times a week. I suspect if there were fewer people they wouldn't have had a full service. But it was fine for us and we got to do them all more than once.

I've never been to the Caribbean before, but I'd certainly go back we had a fantastic time. Perhaps just a week if we were to return, but saying that the two weeks meant we really did sink into the holiday, laid back life. Every time I hear a Bob Marley song it takes me back as the DJ on the beach basically played Bob Marley hits on repeat. It was fab.

One of the best things for me though was to learn things about my parents life that I never knew! How amazing to hear the story of their first holiday together 😍 we missed my Dad's 70th birthday last year and I just love that I've learned something new.

I hope you're all well, I hope your not-so-new job is going well. I also hope your much rearranged trip goes ahead.

Would you believe I've put in an offer to buy DVC Resale at Copper Creek, Wilderness Lodge? Crazy! So, fingers crossed you get your holiday as I really want to be able to get back to Orlando next summer as it will be our welcome home trip (if it all goes through...)

A x
It really has, I must have accidentally closed the tab on my laptop and never realised as I didn't come on much.

How is it going being back at work? Is everything back to normal for you? Thomas is back Wednesday and Caitlin Thursday.

You really were lucky, so glad there was no lasting damage but I can bet it really hurt poor Max at the time! Sounds like the man on the beach had a hard time too.

It's good you got to have the full experience of the hotel and all the food looked really good. Such a huge selection and not to mention the cocktails the most important part.

It's such a hard toss between 1 and 2 weeks. Maybe next time 10 days might be better? But yeah it will have been so nice to literally just forget everything and get into holiday mode. The Caribbean is beautiful, we want to eventually go to all the islands. We did Cuba in 2016 for our 5th wedding anniversary and it was lovely, we would love to go back again sometime. Reading through your report I was showing Chris some of the pics and he said it reminded him of Cuba. I hope you do a trip report if you go to the Caribbean again, or just any trip Abby! I don't think it would be the Caribbean if they didn't play Bob Marley would it

The story really was lovely and great that you got to find out more of your parents lives. Do you plan on doing something for your dads 70th now the restrictions have relaxed?

I am thank you, still waiting to go back into the office, hopefully this month sometime. Yep not a new job anymore, 18 months in now, it's madness!

OMG no way! That's amazing! Please let me know if you get it, that would be absolutely amazing! I will keep everything crossed for you. I really hope you get to go next year too. I've missed seeing reports of people's holidays on here. Maybe 2022 is the year! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List