View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Pre Travel Day

We are staying at The Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport and ate our tea at the Thyme restaurant here. There was a crash on the motorway not far from the airport which delayed our arrival so we were very grateful for the food when we finally got it! We had pre-ordered meal deals which gave us 2 adult meals (2 courses & drinks).

I went for Piri-piri chicken wings to start - these were spicy & delicious!

N ordered Prawn Cocktail which didn't last very long so I assume he enjoyed it!

L & J shared a garlic bread to start. They did not have the meal deal as we get their breakfasts free with ours, so we paid separately for this.

Main meal - N had the mixed grill, which he really enjoyed.

I went for Turf & Surf - steak with garlic prawns and a delicious prawn & lobster sauce. This was ace! We have been dieting for a while so may have just been grateful for some real food but we both really enjoyed our food tonight!

The kids both ordered pizza - before being told that there weren't any left?! So they ended up both ordering chicken curries... They said these were tasty but neither finished them as they said they were too tired...

There was a bit of confusion with the bill which at one point ended up with 2 pizzas and 2 curries, and which then got changed to 4 curries?! We got there in the end. We had to pay a supplement on the meal deals for the steak and mixed grills.

With 3 pints of beer, plus 2 soft drinks and the kids food + tip we ended up paying £40, on top of the meal deals which we had paid £48 for... this includes breakfast for all of us tomorrow.

Pudding is a box of Ferraro Rocher back in the room!

Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List