View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Donald Duck #1
Once back on board we headed to Cabanas - where else - to get some lunch. We found ourselves a table outside to enjoy the sun, the views and the visiting seagulls. We were well and truly in cruise mode now and having a great time.

After lunch we spent about 10 minutes up on deck 10 admiring the views once more and having a post-lunch coffee. By now it was almost 2:30 and time for Isabella to have a nap. We went back to the room and put her down; she didn’t go to sleep but I did!

A seagull stopped by for lunch

Another Sear family selfie

Isabella took these two photos

Views of Stavanger from on deck

After Isabella “woke” she watched some TV - A Bug’s Life was on - while I finished my notes and Jo tried to work out what Isabella’s mineral actually was; we’re still not 100% sure - we should’ve just asked at the museum - but Jo’s best guess was that it is biotite.

Daisy and Donald were due to be meeting in the atrium on deck 4 at about 5:30 so we got changed and headed down, autograph book in hand. As we left the room we found some more gifts in our fish extender, this time from Joanne, the organiser of the Facebook Fish Extender group, and her daughter Alice. We’d bought some spare bookmarks with us so we thought we would stop by their stateroom on the way and drop them in their fish extender.

FE gifts from Joanne & Alice

On our way back to the atrium the boat begun to leave Stavanger so we popped out on deck to watch as we sailed away. Finally we joined the queue to meet Donald and Daisy, which was quite long. We waited about 10-15 minutes then it was our turn to meet them. Isabella got autographs and photographs, one of which we ended up purchasing and now is displayed proudly in our living room

Isabella with Daisy & Donald

Edited at 10:25 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List