View Single Post
Old 26 May 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
We are also going to Exeter next weekend and have Birmingham to come (plus Nottingham - her favourite - and Leicester) in June and maybe Lancaster and Sussex in September - but they are "if I don't like..."

She wants to study English with the view of teaching English as a foreign language abroad... IN KOREA!

(Basically wants to go as far away as possible from us oldies - as kids are wont to do)
May see you at Exeter or Birmingham then, we can compare notes 😀

Regarding teaching English in Korea, my eldest son taught there for 18 months, and now teaches in Vietnam. So, if you need any advice or reassurance ask away. He loves it, has met lots of new friends and has a great standard of living. His wages are not high by UK standards but the cost of living in these countries are so low, he has a comfortable lifestyle living in a beautiful 3 bedroomed apartment which he shares with a mate with a communal pool. He travels around Asia lots for his holidays, so has seen many different places.

He did work in the UK for a few years as a manager in the education sector which I feel prepared him for work before he made the step of moving. I would advise a bit of work experience after uni to prepare someone but apart from that, I would say it is a good choice (although we miss him lots). Incidentally, he says he feels far safer in Asia than he did on a night out in any UK city, crime rate is very low there and he says people are very friendly and helpful
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List