View Single Post
Old 26 May 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Our college has set up a compulsory visit to one of four unis next week which I’m glad about , so he’s picked York as it’s close and has the better course than the others. I’m still not sure uni is the way forward for mine so hopefully this will give him some idea. He hasn’t wanted to do visits so far so we haven’t pushed him as I feel too many kids get pushed into the uni route when really they just don’t want to be there at all. I know far too many kids who have dropped out and now they have to pay from day 1 end up with debt they could do without . Lots of thinking for us over summer. So many big decisions. X
I agree, colleges do push towards universities and it isn't always the right choice for every child. Some very clever people with wonderful careers did not attend university.

It is so difficult to have to make such major decisions at such young ages. I do hope the visit helps your son with his decision 😊
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List