BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Preparing for our first visit to Exeter on Saturday, we have been looking at accommodation on offer at some of her chosen open days.

We are amazed at the price of some and the differing standards. Exeter seems quite good, Birmingham seems to have a lot of reasonably priced, clean good rooms available. Bristol, on the other hand, is a lot more expensive and the cheaper rooms (which are not as cheap as the other two we have shortlisted) are very poor. The beds are camp beds, not proper beds, the showers/bathrooms look ancient, the kitchen appliances look filthy and unsafe. We were really put off by them. If we hadn't already bought train tickets I think DD would be changing her mind before we even look at it. We will go as the University is classed as a very good one and of course, accommodation isn't the only consideration but we were shocked at how poor the rooms appear. Anyone with experience of good/bad uni rooms?
Look at private student accommodation as well. Often cheaper and better quality. And they are dedicated blocks just like university housing. A friend of mine markets them and I’m constantly amazed by what’s on offer for the money compared to DDs.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List