View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Ooh brilliant thread thanks. I’ve currently got a windowsill full of the little M & S pots plus Sunflower seedlings in varying degrees of success.

I was initially just spraying water on each day and most of seedlings sprouted; basil, beetroot, pansy, Viola, lettuce, cress, forget me not and finally red peppers. Some of the seedlings went leggy and died off but others aren’t doing too bad. I’ve since started adding water to base of pots (does this encourage root growth?)

The sunflowers were in a bucket kit which when seedlings all sprouted you had to transplant all but four. The ones which have been transplanted have been doing much better than the ones in the bucket so I’m not sure if it’s down to different compost used.

I don’t know when to move all seedlings outside as it’s been chilly at night here and I don’t have a greenhouse or cold frame.