View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

If I am honest I find the ‘cult’ of Disney a bit odd.
I am baffled by people who have a lot of Disney home decor and live in Disney clothing, as opposed to the odd mug and t shirt.
Hero worship of Walt as some kindly old gent who just wanted to make people happy as opposed to the ruthless businessman with some very questionable views that he was is another thing that baffles me.
And visiting Disney to the exclusion of seeing the world in all of its amazing diversity seems wasteful to me…and finally Disney tattoos…. Just seem odd to me. Grown men with children’s characters on their calves… I don’t get it and I find it a bit creepy.
I like theme parks - and a bit of escapism is fine, but its just a holiday.
I haven’t seen many Disney films, but I have been to all of the Disney Parks worldwide just to experience them. It’s part of a holiday not a whole holiday for me.
In my view, the world is too big to just keep repeating the same experience, so of course it seems odd to me when others don’t see that and keep on returning…
Ultimately it does no harm and its down to individual choice, but yes, I do find extreme Disney adults a little strange
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List