View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
Hi folks!

First off can anyone tell me if there is anything more to Downtown Disney than a collection of restaurants? We arrive in Anaheim the night before our 2 Disney days and I can't decide if I should book a meal in Downtown Disney or not? Is there anything much to do or see? I'm fairly happy to just wing it and book either cheesecake factory or PF changs a couple of days before, but don't know if we'll regret that and would be better off booking something in Downtown Disney. As we only have 2 days in Disney we probably won't have another chance to visit DD.
Im just back from Disneyland. Other than the restaurants, theres a large World of Disney, a Disney Homewares shop, a Disney dress shop, Marcelines Disney Snacks, Disney Wonderground Gallery, Sephora, Pele Soccer Shop, Pandora Jewelry, Sunglass Hut, Curl Surf clothes, The Lego Store and Star Wars Trading Post shop. At the moment there is also a small The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure Exhibit until September 5

Secondly, any recommendations for food or drink places within Disney that we really should try (QS type places as I don't want to make reservations) either because the food is good, the theming is cool, it's a quiet and comfortable spot etc etc. I don't want to be tied to reservations as we have so little time, but I'd like to make a list of places that we might try on the day.
Last week the quick service places I ate at were
  1. Red Rose Tavern in Fantasyland - Tomato and Mozzarella Flatbread, Grey Stuff, Cold Brew Coffee
  2. Docking Bay 7 in Galaxys Edge - Pasta with Braised Beef, Vintian Mineral Mousse
  3. Pym Test Kitchen in Avengers Campus - Not so Little Chicken Sandwich
  4. Paradise Garden Grill in California Adventures Park - BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
  5. Jolly Holiday Bakery on Main Street - breakfast yoghurt parfait and coffee

On my January trip I ate at
  1. Galaxys Edge - Ronto Wrap
  2. Edelweiss Snacks - Chimichanga and Corn on The Cob
  3. Little Red Wagon Cart - Corn Dog
  4. Docking Bay 7 in Galaxys Edge - Endorian Fried Chicken Tip-Yip

Re the above - is there anywhere that requires reservations that you would really recommend, and why? I am a very flexible person and will happily drift from my plans if someone can persaude me otherwise! I def don't want to book lunch reservations but I could be persauded to book a dinner one on one evening in the parks.
Yes but you need to book at 60 days at 2pm UK time, as restaurant reservations are booking out fast.

Blue Bayou is a unique to Disneyland experience but its not for everyones taste. Its a restaurant located in Pirates of The Caribbean ride and the menu is Cajan / Creole / Louisiana style food. Its also pricey, but for the unique experience its worth it to me. You can book just the meal or you can upgrade for the Fantasmic dining package, which gets you access to the front waterside viewing area.

Cafe Orleans has similar style food, but is a bit cheaper.

Carnation Cafe on Main Street or Riverbelle Terrace are mid price popular places.

If you want to do fine dining, Carthy Circle in California Adventures or Napa Rose in Grand California Hotel.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List