View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Day 7

This morning we got up and headed straight out for Epcot, where we had FPs for Spaceship Earth, Nemo and Test Track (originally a Soaring FP but I switched it after getting a 4th FP for Soaring earlier in the trip).

As we had time before our first FP, we headed to Sunshine Seasons and shared a breakfast platter and a bottle of water, for one QS credit.

The food was fresh if not particularly exciting, we actually had to briefly wait while they finished cooking the French toast!

We headed off to our first two FPs, had time for some Turtle Tall with Crush, and perused the Pandora charms in Mouse Gear before feeling a bit peckish again. We decided to head to the Mexico booth for Festival of the Holidays for a light lunch. As I mentioned on a previous day’s report, they only accepted snack credits not QS credits, so we spent two snack credits on an enchilada - chipotle chicken in a corn tortilla, topped with mole negro, Oaxaca cheese and sesame seeds - and a tamal - a corn tamal stuffed with shrimp topped with mole rojo and cotija cheese.

The tamal was ok and not exactly “stuffed” with shrimp - I had one piece of shrimp in my half. The enchilada, however was delicious. The chicken was flavoured well and the mole sauce rich and tasty. We could have eaten more of these (and still might) but were mindful of the fact we’re already starting to put on some holiday weight...! 😇

After that we headed for our Test Track FP, and then on the way out of the park i couldn’t resist some of Pandora park exclusive charms while DH was tempted by the cinnamon sugar on this croissant doughnut!

He let me share it and it was nice and flaky, definitely more croissant than doughnut.

After some rest time at the hotel, we headed out for our dinner ADR at the Yachtsman. We got the bus to Epcot then just walked through the park to the International Gateway and out to the Yacht Club. After stopping in the lobby to take some pics of the tree and the winter village, we checked in for our ADR and only waited a couple of minutes before being shown to our table.

Bread service was first - pull apart onion bread and sourdough, served with salted butter and roasted garlic. This was fab and we ate all of it, oops.

We both ordered red wine - a Rioja for me and Malbec for DH. At this point I would like to clarify that this photo was deliberately taken at a jaunty angle and no wine had been consumed at this point!

For mains, we shared one of the signature dishes - the porterhouse for two, cooked medium rare and served with duck fat potatoes and another choice of side - we went for braised mushrooms.

This was incredible, perfectly cooked and definitely in my top 5 steaks of all time. I would recommend this to anyone who is planning to visit the Yachtsman.

Once we’d cleared our entree plates, it was time for dessert. There was a creme brûlée on the menu but the Narcoossee’s version was still making my mouth water and I didn’t want to sully its memory in case the more traditional version was inferior. 🤣 So instead, tempted by the prospect of salted caramel and buttered popcorn ice cream and a honey marshmallow, i plumped for the Lexington Sundae.

This was enormous - in fact the marshmallow alone was huge. The strong sweetness of the marshmallow contrasted well with the equally strong saltiness of the salted caramel ice cream in particular. It was a struggle but I ate it all...

DH, meanwhile, went for the lime semifreddo with meringue, blackberry and guava. He complained at first he wasn’t getting any lime, but later reported back that “one end was limier than the other”! 🤣

This was our favourite meal of the holiday so far - we really enjoyed everything. It would have been $181 OOP but cost us 4TS. We also had a lovely server once again and tipped 20% in cash.

And that was it for food for us! We walked back to Epcot, stopping at the Beach club to check out the gingerbread carousel, before watching Illuminations with the spectacular holiday ending.

Edited at 08:41 PM.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List