Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
This sounds like a fab trip. I’ve considered it before seeing as we live just over an hour east of Inverness but somehow we’ve never got around to it.

Do you think you would have time to go a little further west from Ullapool to Lochinver. We visited there last summer and the scenery between Ullapool & Lochinver is just stunning. There’s the ruins of Ardvreck castle on the way and amazing views of Suilven from Lochinver itself. (Edited your add: you could possibly do this on the way down from Tongue - not sure what route you were planning)

I think you’ll enjoy Aviemore - it’s very outdoorsy - I’m sure you’ll find loads of lovely walks for you and Max to enjoy. Food can be expensive if eating out there for some reason.

I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time and I really hope you get dry weather. Looking forward to reading the report as I’m ashamed to say I’m very guilty of not exploring my own country. Hopefully this will inspire me to plan our own NC500 road trip.
Yes I think I can drive that way from Tongue. It says it’s a 30 min detour but sounds well worth it.
I have been to Aviemore several times, only once as an adult though and that was a decade ago. My full day is on a Monday and quite a lot of places have signed up to the govt meal desk thing so hopefully not too awful, guess it’s quite touristy which is why the prices are high?
I’ll defo do a trippie as I actually find it gives me something extra to do in the evenings/over lunch/a drink beyond just reading my book. It’s also so lovely to have to read back on.
19 days to go... eeek