View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
Welcome to The Great British Mickey Waffle

We were inspired by the amazing podcasts that were produced by The Dibbcast. I want to give a shout out to all the work they did and now the torch has been passed on to us.

We are a ragtag band of Brits, united in their love of all things Disney, come together to ‘Waffle’ on about the Magic.

There are 8 ‘Wafflers’ and we are all members of The Dibb. Let’s start with a few introductions…

Ben - Akhurstf1
I am a lifelong Disney fan, especially when it comes to both Disney Classics and Pixar animations. My first trip to Disneyland Paris was back in 1997, when I was 7. I do not remember much about this trip apart from a Lion King mug which I still have. My next trip to a Disney park was in 2013 when we went to Orlando for our honeymoon. Since then we have been every year and are now DVC owners at SSR.

Becca - Akhurstf1
I grew up during the Disney renaissance, however my favourite films were always Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Despite my love of the classics I am really enjoying the direction Disney have taken with their movie collections -Marvel especially! I had always dreamed of visiting WDW however due to circumstances my first visit came in 2013 on our honeymoon, and like Ben I caught the bug big time. Since then we have been 7 times and become DVC members in 2016 in order to enable us to continue getting our Disney fix.

Claire - CheekyTink
I am a Disney loving (some may say obsessed) mum of 2 who is especially interested in Disney history, story and backstage detail (I love a bit of geeky imagineering info!). I have been to Walt Disney World over 15 times, starting in the early 90’s but have made it to Disneyland just once. My “home park” of Disneyland Paris is my regular haunt, with over 33 trips under my belt, including within the opening month in April 1992. 2019 is the first year I have taken the plunge and become Infinity Annual Pass holder. I have been lucky enough to stay at all 7 of the DLP onsite hotels, and although we have loved onsite at WDW, we tend to opt for a rented villa offsite. Planning Disney trips is part of my everyday life, and I try to get a little bit of magic into everything I do, both at home and at work.

John - Walt4it
We are a family of four Disney fanatics! I often blame my DW for insisting that I went to the theme parks rather than play golf on my very first trip to Orlando - in our days before children.
The rest, they say, is history, we have been lucky enough to have managed a family trip to Orlando and beyond since 2008. For golf, theme parks with big roller coasters but most especially Disney theme parks. We have stayed in a variety of onsite locations, really enjoy the offsite villa experience too. We also like to travel around the state of Florida, depending on wherever we get a bargain flight price to, or an internet ‘glitch’ on car hire, a few tales to share about these.
Our past 6 adventures, are trip reports on The Dibb, just as a way of keeping a reminder of all the most magical days we have ever experienced (and a few really rubbish ones too!)
I have a huge love of Disney history, traditions, backstage magic and think that every person who visits WDW, should watch the film One Man’s Dream (when showing in Hollywood Studios) to see how Walt’s incredible dream became the reality we all love today.
“If you can dream it, you can do it”

Lloyd - Emma & Lloyd
After my 1st family trip to WDW in 1990 I was hooked. The excitement and pure happiness I felt was amazing and to see it reflected by everyone I saw was magic. That once in a lifetime trip thankfully turned into many, many more and I’ve been visiting ever since. Now I’m lucky enough to take my own family. Taking two little monkeys with us, is a completely different holiday to our romantic stays with just the two of us at the Grand Floridian but I wouldn’t change a thing. Well maybe a night off to visit Cali Grill. We are slowly turning into DVC rental experts and have rented points 6 times so far, allowing us to stay in some amazing hotels for some amazing prices. My specialty is finding a bargain, although that is getting so hard these days!

Peter - Peter H
Hi. Originally from Preston in Lancashire I have lived in London for 27 years. I am married to fellow waffler Gill H. Am I a bit Disney Obsessed? Well yes more than a bit. My favourite Disney animations are The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Lilo and Stitch. They prove Disney can be brave in their choice of material and are both excellently told. I have been going to Disney Parks since the year two thousand and every year from 2008 I have visited at least one Disney park per year. A couple of years ago I did my first Disney Cruise. 7 nights around the Med. It was brilliant. In the near future I am hoping to go to Tokyo Disney resort and of course DLP and WDW.

Gill - Gill H
I’m originally from Wales, and met Peter H when I moved to London.
Although I’ve only been visiting Disney parks since the new millennium, I have a long-time love of all things Disney. When I was four years old I was taken to see Fantasia, and apparently sat silent and entranced through the whole film. It’s still my favourite, and when I met Sorcerer Mickey at WDW I told him I couldn’t do housework because his film made me afraid of brooms! I’m at my happiest dancing down Main Street USA first thing in the morning. My nickname is the Queen of Team Wimp, as I don’t do any rides which are even vaguely thrilling, but put me in the queue for It’s A Small World and I’m happy.

Samantha - SmilingSammie
I first visited Orlando when I was 6 years old and have basically never left! I've been to Orlando numerous times with family but also been twice as a solo traveller. Walt Disney World is my happy place and somewhere that fills me with so much warmth and positivity and that’s something I want to share with everyone. My favourite film is The Little Mermaid and since then have always wanted to be a mermaid – maybe one day eh?

We are still awaiting our approval from iTunes but we wanted to share this as soon as we were able to.

You can find our podcast here - GB Mickey Waffle

We would like you to listen and be a part of our show. Remember to send in your Mickey Mentions to themickeywaffle@gmail.com
We have recorded our 3rd episode and it will be going live on 1st August 2019.

Here are the many different ways you can listen:

iTunes / Apple Podcasts
Anchor
Spotify
Podbean
Stitcher

If you would like to have your own Mickey Mention please email us at themickeywaffle@gmail.com before 12th August ready for the September episode
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List