Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Really enjoyed reading your TR especially Death Valley and Yosemite parts - brought back brilliant memories for me. Your photos from Olmsted Point reminded me of my (long gone days) of hiking around the area - many years ago I did Sunrise Traihead to Clouds Rest. Clouds Rest is just off your photos on the left where Half Dome is to the right - Clouds Rest is 1000 feet higher than Half Dome. The views from Clouds Rest are breathtaking as is the final ascent to it (literally). I have also done the Four Mile Trail and Upper Yosemite Trail. Sadly the closest I would get these days would be Glacier Point car park.

In Death Valley I was really pleased to see you got to Dante's View (my favourite place in the Valley), along with Artists Drive, Badwater Basin, Devils Golf Course etc. I have also visited Ubehebe Crater, Scotty's Castle and Racetrack Playa (fascinating place) but you do need more than a family saloon for those. I've explored Emigrant Canyon and the Panamints and love the road out of the valley to Lone Pine. Just love the whole area. You were wise to be careful and take sensible precautions with the car and snacks as it is far to easy to underestimate the heat in summer.

Thank you again for reminding me of happy memories and also of the time when I was a bit more active HA HA.
Thank you for reading I am so glad this day has brought back such wonderful memories of your time in Yosemite.

It sounds like you had some amazing hikes in California. I googled the view from Clouds Rest, oh my word those views are insane! I would so love to see that view but i don't think I'd have the stamina and i certainly wouldn't have the nerve to walk that last stretch. Have you completed the hike up to Half Dome?

I think we would've explored more in Death Valley if we'd have visited at a different time of the year.

It sounds like you'v e had some wonderful adventures, nothing wrong with taking it all at a slower pace now.

Thanks for your lovely reply
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List