View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Barmybuckle View Post
Other than the fact it's a cow, what's the difference between a rapist and an inseminator?

Take a step back? This thread is about if you feel bad about eating animal-based products. If you've come here you should be prepared to have a debate on the topic. I'm not going around posting in every thread saying go vegan.

To be honest, I don't really understand this argument. You think it's wrong for me to apparently "impose" my choices on others, and yet you simultaneously believe it's OK to literally force others to die for the sake of your taste preference.

How do you suggest I should try and convince people that eating animal products is wrong? What would convince you and how do you justify eating animal products?

Why do you feel that you should take it upon yourself to convince people anything?

Whilst I don’t doubt that many omnivores would respect your right to be vegan, it would seem that similar tolerance is not reciprocated by vegans towards omnivores.

Talking of omnivores and those involved in the production of meat produce as rapists and murderers etc etc etc is pretty much an attempt at a guilt trip on those with a contrary opinion to your own.

For what it’s worth, animals that are later eaten would not exist in the first place were it not for the future intention of consumption.

As for slaughterhouses etc, if I needed work, then there would be no issue. I would work in one. I could also work as a butcher, a fisherman or anything else. I have also shot pheasants and killed chickens.. but only for consumption.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:16 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List