View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Wappum View Post
We had an Airbnb booked in Santa Monica last August, a few weeks before we due to go on holiday the owner cancelled our booking due to a change in law regarding short term lets. As there were 5 of us I did struggle a little to find a suitable hotel in Santa Monica that didn’t completely blow the budget - but booked into the Doubletree just down from the pier in the end

Due to the cancellation last year I haven’t even bothered to look at Airbnb’s for this years west coast trip as I didn’t want to risk bending any US laws/or last minute changing of plans
Thank you so much for your reply - this is what I was worried about!

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hi minnie I live in the San Diego area and vacation rentals like Airbnb are still legal here. There was an attempt to strictly regulate the business last year, but the city council ended up voting that down.
That’s great to know thank you for your reply - have read your sticky thread about San Diego and there’s so much I want to see, I can’t wait to visit

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
Have a read of this article. As long as the Airbnb you are looking to rent is registered you should be ok.
businessinsider/airb...renters-2018-5
That’s really helpful - thank you so much for your reply
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List