View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 11, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gary&Wendy
Trying for More Ears

Gary&Wendy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We had huge problems with a Virgin Holidays Villa on Highlands Reserve about three years ago. For those that dont know, it is a great villa community but we were unlucky with the so called 'superior' villa we were given. We also paid a lot of money.

Your story about broken furniture and general dirtiness coupled with indifference from staff was exactly what we experienced. After I got home and the anger with the treatment we had received throughout the holiday continued to simmer inside me, we (very reluctantly) took legal action. I am a solicitor by profession so I guess it was easier for me but it was only when we took an 'official' approach that we saw any proper response from Virgin Holidays. We eventually settled for a four figure sum but that didn't fully compensate for the loss of what should have been a great family holiday. I can bore you all with the details of what was wrong with our villa but I learnt that you are better to book direct and avid the big companies.

I am not a villa owner so I have no gain in saying that I would rent out a Dibb Villa any time before going again with a big company. Virgin as a company can be very good and I would certainly fly with them but I wouldn't use their villas again.

I reiterate that Highlands Reserve is a great villa community, it was the villa that was the problem. I hate the compensation culture but if Virgin do not respond to genuine complaints then you should take action against them.

Most important though is dont be put off of an Orlando holiday, we have been back since and we are going this year. It is still, in my opinion, the best holidiay you can have
Gary&Wendy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List