Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 4

Another early start.

Based on various sources we decided to try Kekes for breakfast at Dr Phillips and although it was pretty good, we weren’t blown away by the hype to be honest.

I had the eggs benedict which wasn’t piping hot, which came with breakfast potatoes.

DW had the Florida Waffle, which she asked to have with pecans rather than banana (and was later charged an extra $2 for the priviledge) which of course she didn't moan about...

and DS the chocolate chip waffle.

With 3 OJ’s and a tip this came to $50.

It was then on to AK for the day.

Early afternoon we had some snacks – pretzel and cheese for DS

and soft scoop ice cream from Anandapur truck for DW and I.

These were really good and ideal on a boiling hot afternoon.

After an hour or so cooling down at the resort, we headed to the Longhorns for tea at Vineland.

After the compo bread, with another coupon sign up, we had the free starter – Texas Tonion to share which was ace.

DW and I both then chose the Parmesan crusted chicken with fries for mains. These were good but way to heavy on the salt….

DS had the chicken tenders with a side of mac and cheese. Talk about carb overload! He also though he was being hard done by only ordering the 'small' portion. That was until it arrived!

Good meal and with drink and tips came to $66.

In the evening we headed to HS after a trip to Publix for some breakfast goodies for the next few days.

DS picked up a popcorn bucket for the remainder of the trip and DW’s notes say we returned back to the ranch for some ice cream.

Another quality day….
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List