View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Annual pass ordered, Eurostar booked… but still no hotel

I have really been dithering over the hotel. I WANT to stay in one of the Disney hotels as then I can use the Express Luggage service and walk to and from the parks. However, my own common sense tells me that they are horribly expensive and I should stay in one of the partner hotels or in Val D’ Europe.

The partner hotels all run a bus to the parks and the Val D’Europe hotels are 1 short RER train journey away. Plus even the more fancy options are about half the price of the cheapest Disney hotel.

I’m deciding between…

Radisson Blu - Partner Hotel

I do like a Radisson. I earn points and their breakfasts are usually decent.
I know that the finish will be nice and while there is no theming at the hotel I know the rooms with be comfortable.

I’m leaning towards this one, but looking at the map it looks like it is really close to the golf course and a bit in the middle of nowhere, so I would have to get the bus to/from the hotel to the parks – I don’t fancy getting lost on a golf course in the middle of the night!

B+B Hotel Disneyland – Partner Hotel

The value option – though it still includes a breakfast!
The rooms look pretty basic, though I’m not planning on spending much time in the rooms. Similar to a Travelodge with built in furniture, but looks clean, comfy… and who doesn’t love a breakfast?!

Despite this being the logical, sensible choice, I am not convinced. I have read a few stories on Trip Advisor of bus troubles, timing issues and having to walk to the Explorer’s Hotel next door to get buses, which puts me off.

Algonquin’s Explorers Hotel – Partner Hotel

Love the theming of this hotel, it looks really fun and the rooms look good too. Maybe the theme in the rooms is a bit children's TV studio, but the communal areas like the reception and bar are a bit more subdued while still being themed.

This is another partner hotel and is part of the shared bus service that runs to/from the parks. This is up there as one of my top choices along with the Radisson, I get points with Radisson, but the theming here might win it.

Ibis – Val D’ Europe

A bit further out, but I do get points with Ibis and from reading online the Ibis is right by one of the station entrances and it’s only a 10 minute train journey to the parks.

Ibis also tend to do a good breakfast, have decent wifi and in my experience have super comfy beds. I have actually provisionally reserved a room here as a safety choice while I decide which to choose as I didn’t want to end up homeless for the weekend!

Hotel Santa Fe – Disney Hotel

This is the most Value of the Disney hotels, and I know the look is quite divisive (Disney Tourist Blog compared it to a prison), however, I do quite like it.

The new Cars theming is fun, it’s walking distance to the parks and I can take advantage of the Express Luggage service. Downside? Doesn’t include any breakfast, is pretty basic and costs more than any of the non-Disney options for a lower star hotel

Hotel Cheyenne – Disney Hotel

The second most Value of the Disney hotels. I do really like the look of this, and think it is really clever how they have made it look like a wild west town, with the different buildings of the town becoming the different hotel blocks.

I’m not hugely keen on the Toy Story theming, and as with the Santa Fe it doesn’t include any breakfast, is pretty basic and costs more than any of the non-Disney options for a lower star hotel. I prefer the Cheyenne hotel to Santa Fe - look at the reception/bar area!

However, it doesn't make sense to spend more for Cheyenne when the Disney options are already more expensive as Santa Fe offers the exact same perks.

Logic says to book the bargain Ibis in Val D’ Europe, or the B+B Partner Hotel. My heart is saying to book the Disney hotel for the luggage services and because I think they’ll be a bit nicer/safer if I’m staying alone.

Has anyone stayed in any of them? Any tips? Any I should avoid? Any not on the shortlist that really should be?

Let me know, as I am keen to get booked.

Just under a month to go

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List