View Single Post
Old 13 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Thanks! I may look into this again, but I am not good at boats so we shall see... What did you like about Martha's vineyard? What made it better than cape Cod? Thanks!
I think Martha’s Vineyard was how I expected Cape Cod to be - don’t get me wrong, there were some lovely places on the Cape - Chatham for example was lovely. We also enjoyed our time in Provincetown, but Martha’s Vineyard was just a lovely place to wander around.

I think it was mainly the area near our hotel in Cape Cod which felt quite tacky, we stayed at the Bayside Resort, (which I know a number of other dibbers have stayed in). The hotel itself was the best we could find at a reasonable price and tbh I don’t think we’d of found better for the money we were willing to spend, (we passed a few of the places that we’d also considered and felt happy with our choice), but it’s definitely not in the prettiest of locations!

As it was the summer, the beaches were also packed - something we’d expected to a degree, but they really were heaving, so we didn’t bother stopping or taking any photos (guess we are used to the empty Floridian beaches!)

All in all we loved our New England trip, and whilst Cape Cod for us wouldn’t warrant a repeat visit - Maine and New Hampshire were particularly wonderful and we’d love to go back!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List