Thread: Family advice
View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
This is such a hard situation, I’m so sorry you are going through this OP.

I agree with other posters, that you don’t want to be continually putting things on the doorstep, as that means you are playing games as well sadly.

I agree that a polite note saying future gifts will be donated to charity, so that will break the doorstep cycle at least from your end.

Otherwise, (sorry if I’ve missed this), does your DH have a relationship with his sister? Perhaps he could tell her how he feels and that your DD doesn’t want the gifts either? (Just thinking that may get through to his parents more if they realise the grandchildren are also aware of what is going on and don’t want any part in it).

It’s all just so sad that a common, happy ground can’t be met - but equally you need to protect the emotional well-being of your little family unit. Take care xx
Thanks, he doesnt speak to either of his sisters unfortunately. They are very snobby and have always looked down on him. Both have only met out oldest dd 6 yrs ago. They didnt speak at his grans funeral etc. the oldest sister rarely speaks to his parents either and she lives abroad. I think the way to go is to put a note on this parcel. We dont want to play games but at the same time we need them to realise we are not accepting things from them.
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List