View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Seems to be harder and harder to find competent decent tradespeople these days!

I have had Hive for several years now in a couple of properties and I wouldn't be without it now. I use not just their heating but also their smart lights & plugs all integrated with Alexa and my Apple watch.
Stu. The trouble is so many people call themselves Tradesmen when all they actually are is somebody who has a fair bit of experience working in the industry

Electricians and Gas Fitters are different as they have to be regulated but even Electricians can skirt around the Regs by having a colleague certify their work

I was City & Guilds qualified at both basic and advanced level. That took 4 years and only at the end of that period could I call myself a Tradesmen and work on any Carpentry & Joinery job on any site or home.

Sad to say those days are long gone and now we have people declaring their trade for example as 'kitchen fitter' or 'Master builder' . What type of darn Trades is that supposed to be!

As an aside some of the best work done in recent years is by the Eastern Europeans most of whom sadly left pre Brexit.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List