View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
In March this year we paid a deposit for new windows and doors with a local company who said it would be around 10-16 weeks before installation. Not too bad we thought as everything would be completed before the bad weather.

After a few phone calls I spoke to them in August and was advised that there was a problem getting the glass as two of the three companies they use had closed to refit. I suggested that we could cancel the contract and have our deposit refunded.

No was the answer as the window frames were completed and just awaiting glass. Another company had claimed ‘May be before Christmas maybe after, anyone who tells you different is lying or supply cheap Chinese goods’. Our door was made in the UK

Up until now we have heard nothing and find it strange that our patience is being ignored and we certainly wont be having them fitted until March/April time when the weather has improved. The company are on facebook and are actively posting about conservatories they have completed (read high value) - I really wanted to ask when they would be fulfilling the obligation to customers with windows and doors but have avoided this as I dont think its the right thing to do.

Your comments would be appreciated please.
I ordered a new door with our local company and they delivered and fitted it in about a month. This included ordering it to our design (it’s composite with frosted glass).
Another local company claimed that it would be months, and anyone who told me otherwise was lying or ordering cheap Chinese doors. My door was manufactured in the UK

Edited at 04:28 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List