View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 10, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Introduction

I have decided to post my introduction to my TR tonight. My new husband is asleep on the sofa, all that travelling really takes it's toll. To beat the post wedding blues I am going to go full force into my TR and relive the whole experience again. I warn you now that I am a stickler for details so I tend to report everything and anything, I can remember the most pointless of facts, so if you think I am rambling please be sure to tell me.

So lets begin...

The cast:

Summer (me) 27yrs, first time at Disney World but been to Disneyland several time, self confessed theme park freak.
Steven (groom) 31yrs, first time at Disney World but been to Disneyland with me 5 years ago, was more of a supporter of my dream to get married at Disney World.
Mom (my mother, with us for a week) 55yrs, first time at Disney World but been to Disneyland before, fun loving and excitable.

The plan:

1 night at Holiday Inn Express in Glasgow, night prior to flight
3 nights at Caribbean Beach Resort
4 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter
7 nights at The Grand Floridian
3 nights on Disney Cruise Line
4 nights at Crown Plaza Universal

Pixie dust..., it took several days for us to find it, but when we did we were blinded by it. I have learned many things throughout this trip, there were many highs and scattered lows, unforgettable moments sprinkled with pure magic intertwined with some obstacles along the way.
Our Wedding Day however was truly magical, there are no other words to describe it, I became a Princess and Steven my Prince. We married on August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point and this by far exceeded my expectation. The many months prior to the wedding I had envisioned this exact fairytale, from beginning to end, the whole experience was spectacular.
Not everything went to plan however with the honeymoon and we hit some rocky road the few days leading up to the wedding. The phrase 'What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger' resonated before the wedding.

I hope my TR can help other upcoming brides in some way. I read so many before my wedding and I only hope I can make my predecessors proud
I feel very lucky to have stumbled across such a helpful bunch of people who I now call my friends. I have went through it all with you and you have all become part of our special day.

Dreams may come and go, but this one, will last for eternity.

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List