View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 10, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Day two, Part two...

So we had arrived in Orlando, after months of planning I was here, it all seemed surreal at the moment and I was just eager to get off the plane and get my suitcase.

We had filled in the visa waiver forms on the plane so it was just a matter of going through security and collecting our bags. We gathered our stuff and exited the plane and immediately I felt that Orlando humidity, I grinned as I had been hoping that it would be hot. We had a terrible summer in Scotland so I was desperate to get some heat.

Going through security was pretty easy, we got called up to a window and was told to show our passports and forms that we had filled out. My mom looked blanky at me and I shown her the forms. She hadn't filled it out, even though I had told her too while on the plane The security officer sent her back to the desk to fill it out while he processed our forms. We had to put our index finger on the plate and confirm that we were here on vacation. It was over pretty quickly and painlessly, except my mother was taking forever to fill out her form. Security waved us on and we tried to hold back for my mother but we were informed that we couldn't wait there. She was still writing and I said I had no idea how that little form could be taking so long! We were ushered in to collect our bags and noticed that nothing had came out yet. So we waited for both my mom and my bags. We waited and waited some more, still no sign, bags started coming out, but not ours, people were milling through the airport but not mom. Where was she? Where were my bags? I started to panic a bit, my suitcase was pretty bright so I knew it would be easily spotted, where on earth was my mom?

20 minutes went past and no more bags came out, my heart sank, my mom still hadn't arrived but I didn't want to leave, where was my bag?

A baggage handler jumped up on conveyor belt and said there was a blockage. A woman that had been sitting behind us asked whether we were told if our luggage would come out first? I told her yes and that my wedding dress was in there and I was now really worried. She tried to make me feel better and said she was sure our luggage was fine.

I turned around and saw my mom slowly walking in, why is she taking her time like that? Doesn't she know my wedding dress is missing?

I waved her over and I told her my suitcases were not out yet, but loads had been unloaded and ours weren't there. At that moment a pink suitcase fell on to the conveyor belt, it was my moms. But that means that all the Economy passengers are now getting their luggage what about 1st class? Have they all been unloaded? One by one I saw passengers collect their luggage, it became apparent that pink was very popular and my mom proceeded to tell me that every pink suitcase that appeared on the conveyor belt was mine, "No, no that's not mine, nope not mine either, mom, it's too small, it's a dark pink mine is light" this continued for about 15 minutes where I had almost ressigned myself to the fact that my dress was gone and I would be spending the next 4 days searching for a wedding dress. The area was almost empty and the luggage had slowed down, tears began to form as I realised how much I loved that dress.

Then through a band of light it fell on to the conveyor belt, I started jumping up and down, "my dress, my dress, it's my dress" Steven's suitcase followed and all was well once again.

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List