Old 31 Oct 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 1 - Trails End / Rose & Crown

We woke early and after a quick look around All Star Movies, we made our way to WL and checked in and then drove to FW for our breakfast at Trails End.

We ate here last year for dinner and were a bit disappointed however decided to give breakfast a go and it was much better with lots of choice (including lots of sugar!). I’ll let the photos (including the buffet pictures) do the talking but the pulled pork and cinnamon pudding were the standouts.

As you can see we even remembered our own 'broon' sauce...

The buffet in all it's glory...

Full to the brim we paid using our first TS credits. One we would probably do again…

For info I noted the full cost would have been $63.90 and we left a $10.80 tip (18%).

We had an afternoon snack from the Roaring Fork –

Magic cookie bar (again first of many as we love these!) shared by DW and I and DS had a chocolate brownie (you will see a theme developing here…..)

Tonights dinner was in Epcot at the Rose & Crown which was a first for us.

We were seated outside and right below the AC which made it a bit chilly. Our server, David was a fellow Scot and was the server of the holiday, a real gent who went the extra mile. It was a shame that the food didn’t quite match.

DW and I had the Strip steak with fish which when I ate it was a strange combination both in looks and taste. It was OK but the steak was a bit tough and the mash didn’t do anything for me. DS had the fish and chips which he said was fine.

Desserts were...

Banoffee tart for me, which was alright,

trifle for DW which having tasted it was not good, basically a watery fruit bowl, custard and a blob of cream and almost no flavour (sorry forgot to take a pic but borrowed this one).

DS had the jaffa cakes which were scoffed and he said he had enjoyed them

Not an awful meal, but not one we would do again, particulary in Epcot where there are other good options.

We paid using 3 TS credits and left a 20% tip which was well deserved. David also gave us a handwritten note to allow us to watch Illumations from their VIP area later which was a nice touch…
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List