Old 6 Nov 16, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 19 - Epcot, DS and outlets

We had originally planned AK this morning with a repeat visit to Tusker House and an Epcot evening sampling Food & Wine fare. After already doing a TH breakfast we didn’t feel the need to go back and cancelled the ADR. We then changed our plans entirely as Epcot had EMH that morning so headed there instead. Breakfast was some of the cereal we’d brought from home then carted to RPR and now BLT!
Mid-morning we headed to Sunshine Seasons while waiting for our Soarin’ FP window to open. I was starving so got a Strawberry Shortcake (again) and a chocolate croissant. Marie got a cinnamon bun. I felt a bit greedy so gave Marie some of the Strawberry Shortcake to taste. These were all really nice and in particular I enjoyed the Strawberry Shortcake again. Although there’s still no actual shortcake! Can’t find the receipt for this so not sure how much it was.

Before leaving the park we had to have a last visit to Club Cool. I had my favourite South African one.

I also had a taste of this one but didn’t note which one it is!

By lunchtime we were in Disney Springs doing some final shopping. We still had $25 birthday reward on my Landry card so I suggested we just use it as it seemed a waste not to. We considered T-rex but I felt we should give RFC another go as we’d always enjoyed it in the past. We got seated straight away with the Landry card as expected but that was it on the speed front. Our lovely, smiley server too an age to come and welcome us and take a drink order. Shortly after the manager came to say hello and ask how everything was but seemed a bit perturbed that we didn’t even have drinks at this point. Eventually they came and we ordered food – BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger for me again I’m afraid and Marie had the nacho appetiser with chili beef. Again these took a while to come and we were getting a bit bored. When the food did arrive it was lovely. Marie’s nachos were huge! They were a sharing starter so meant for 2 but she managed OK!

This cost us $25 after the $25 reward was taken off but that included the tip. I don’t remember how much we left but it won’t have been 20%. Our server was very pleasant and the food was good but we just waited so long for it. Unfortunately this visit didn’t really make up for our previous visit so I’m not sure if we’ll use our Landry birthday rewards here next year. Maybe we’ll give T-Rex a go.

We hadn’t really made any plans for what to do about dinner. After DS we went to the outlets so didn’t get back to BLT until later. We had about half an hour before MK closed and Marie wanted to pop in for a bag she’d seen. We therefore planned to get take out from Casey’s. We love it here and hadn’t made it at all this trip. We got a BBQ slaw dog (foot long) and some corn dog nuggets to share, both with fries. It wasn’t easy cramming the foot long into the “to go” boxes, especially as there’s nowhere really designed for people to do this but we managed! This was really messy and difficult to eat. Especially as we were eating in our beds! They were tasty but would have been better if we’d had time to eat them in the park fresh. These cost us $21.60 and that was without drinks. The picture is of my half!

Later we had the caramel pecabon for dessert. Having the microwave meant we could heat it up which was great.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List