Old 17 Jun 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Tom’s 13 So Let’s Try to Do 13 Theme Parks this Year
PortAventura Part 5 - Monday 4th June 2018

Today was our last day . But our flight wasn’t until 9pm, so we still had a whole day to enjoy the parks ...

Tom and I went down for a quick breakfast at 8:10am, back to the room at half-past for a last-minute sweep and toiletries in the case, and we were ready to check out just after 9am, leaving our luggage in the hotel storage area.

We made our final walk up to PortAventura, getting there just after 10am. The queue for Furious Baco (back-ache) was only 10 mins, so Tom and I went on. I didn’t bother putting my bum-bag in the locker (as Rich had the valuables), so managed to get a few pics in the queue-line…

We were on the back row, and it wasn’t too bad on my back or neck this time, so I enjoyed it more ...

We walked up to China for a single-rider go on Shambhala each for me and Rich (Tom still wasn’t feeling the mega-coaster love just yet).

We were all going to go on Dragon Khan next..

...but it was a 30-minute queue. Tom said he wasn’t too bothered about going on, so we left it and walked over to El Diablo (Tren de la Mina). It wasn’t open yet (11am), so we mooched around Mexico for half an hour, grabbing a bottle of Coke to share (€3.20), and Tom bought a key-ring (€4.95)…

At 11:25am there was no queue for Hurakan Condor (which opened at 11:30am), so I jumped in and was first on – I went for the stand-up tower, which was a bit better than the sit-down ride earlier in the week, but still not very forceful…

As we were nearby, Tom and I had a go on Serpentia Emplumada – Rich gave it a miss as he really didn’t enjoy the spinning earlier in the week ...

We mooched round to Far West to ride Stampida next, but it wasn’t running .

It was 11:55am and, having skipped breakfast, Rich was quite hungry, so we walked over the The Steak House, but it wasn’t serving until 12:30pm...

We filled the time by having a go on Silver Flume, which had a 20-minute queue…

After, we headed straight back to The Steak House – the boys had burgers, I had a chicken skewer and we shared a large Coke (€29)…

I enjoyed mine, but Rich wasn’t mega fussed. The entertainment was a bit like a mini Country Bears Jamboree (even though we’ve never actually seen it on 6 Disney trips )…

We headed back over to Stampida after lunch...

It was still down, but the cast members were giving signs that it wouldn’t be long, so we rested in the shade for about 10-minutes. They eventually opened the queue line, so Tom and I joined the little crowd of waiting guests and we were held at the red and blue wagons whilst they ran a couple of test trains. Some of the waiting guests were very loud and annoying .

Eventually the queue opened properly, and we chose the blue line and we were on the first train, which they only filled the front 4 rows of (leaving the loud annoying guests to wait for the next train ).

After, we met back up with Rich and we walked back up towards China, stopping off for a ride on El Diablo (Tren de la Mina)…

Then it was time for a final single-rider go each on Shambhala for me and Rich. I went first, and then hung around the station to get some shots of Rich on the train…

It was then time to say Adios to our favourite ride ...

We walked through SasamoAventura and stopped for a Coke (€3.20) in Polynesia. Tom fancied a ride on Dino Escape 4D, so he and I left Rich to rest and went on…

After, we all chilled in the shade until 4pm when it was finally time to make our way out of the park for the final time ...

We stopped off at Michelangelo's for some sandwich and picky bits for tea and were back at the hotel by 5:30pm, where we chilled in the lobby until it was time for our taxi to the airport at 7pm

Edited at 07:07 PM.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List