Thread: DLP Oct 2018
View Single Post
Old 16 May 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

DLP Oct 2018

This will be a very brief report, mainly as I forgot about it and now I am just using my iPhone photos as a reminder of where we went, what we did and when we did it. strangely I need no reminders about what food we ate (hubby is always amazed I can tell him what he ate 14 years ago at a certain restaurant... )

This is our third DLP holiday but first in 9 years!
We caught the ferry over
4 nights at hotel Cheyenne
Free half board but mainly topped up meals
2 character meals

So this holiday was originally WDW. Long story short, the day I was due to book Orlando SIL announces her latest pregnancy, as she and hubby run the family business it meant Orlando was shelved, again! Instead we had a few shorter holidays before and during her Mat leave; Boston for hubby and I (loved it! But SIL delivered prematurely at 34/40 whilst we were out there, ooops! Lots of stress and we felt guilty, but couldn’t of been predicated as she has never been early before... )took the kids to NYC at Easter for their first time (our third) and then DLP October. So at least we had a flash of USA and Disney in our lives to keep us going!

It’s me, 36 year old, midwife (often changed to madwife ) obsessive holiday planner, food orientated (as are all midwives for some reason )

Hubby, 38, most chilled, happy and content person you could meet. Never gets excited about holidays until he’s there, but puts up with me talking holidays 24/7 and is happy for me to organise anything and everything.

Son, 15, great kid, towers over me now but is just like daddy, a gentle giant, he is very kind and thoughtful, and lives to eat, if he goes an hour without a snack he thinks he is hard done by...

Daughter, 11, at the time she was a very sweet natured bundle of joy. Pre teen moods have since hit so that description is now out of date She is all about the merch, adores Disney and was most excited about the meets

So that’s us, nothing too exciting.

We went 18-22 oct so they did actually miss one school day, oh well

Pre travel day;

I had the day off. I say that, I had just finished three chaotic nightshifts the day before, so my day off today was sorting the house out after my three absent nights! I dropped the dog, our beloved Casper off at the dog sitter. Now, this is about a 4 hr round trip as I take him to a work colleague who doesn’t live locally, about an hour 15 away, plus roadworks. But I wouldn’t send him anywhere else as trust them completely. And he loves it so much that just saying their names gets him shaking with excitement...

Lots of forced hugs and kisses and sweet nothings from mummy, but he was desperate to ≈≈≈≈≈≈ off with his friends, didn’t give me a second glance

Back about 2pm, hubby finished work and was now home. Whilst I finished packing daughters bits and bobs;

Hubby decided to do his usual, last minute check of CD’s to take, panic he didn’t have the right clothes, despite me telling him weeks ago to sort them as I would be on nights on the run up and can’t do last minute washing see there is a down side to being married to a super relaxed person...

All sorted and we picked the kids up from school and quickly home to change on then onto the road for a 3hr road trip to Dover. We have now done it all, flown, Eurostar and ferry. We think we prefer the ferry as liked not waiting around an airport, and more food and leg stretching options. More on that on travel day...
The planned had been to eat once we reached Dover, I had my eye on Nando’s for months
In the end we stopped mid drive as apparently their stomachs were self digesting! They all had Burger King and I had Thai curry, with tempura prawns, worst food photos of the holiday, sorry!
It was nice, so nice infact daughter started eating mine when I went to the toilet I didn’t want to seem like a gutsy pig of a mother who deprived her womb fruit of food, so let it go. I’m still hangry 6 months on...

Back on the road. And onto PI, it is totally opposite the port, which is great and easy. But also noisy as lorries come and go all night. Apparently, anyway. I wear ear plugs to sleep so hear nothing with them in so deep I am loosing memory cells from trauma .
We asked for a wine bucket and ice for boozey stuff and that was given

And then it was a few episodes of family guy (terrible parents, I know, big whoop, wanna fight about it?’ Sorry, a FG reference..but it’s allowed when we are all forced into one room as I am too tight to fork out £30 for a second room despite the fact we hate sharing..them more so as despite the fact I hear nothing, I am the noisy one as I snore, badly. Cruel twist of fate for them hey?

Over and out for pre travel, pretty uneventful and boring!

Edited at 01:17 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List