Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
The Center Parcs and DLP Bonanza Day 5 - Fun In The Sun(ish!)

Full trip report index here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/rep...php?userid=332

I didn't sleep great last night - is it possible to sleep badly from being overtired?!

I was the first up as usual, and this was the sight that greeted me from our patio windows. Beautiful.

Izzy is the first of the urchins up as usual, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Almost as bush tailed as Leo, her newly acquired cuddly toy lion.

And here she is feeding the local begging community. Deer, squirrels and pigeons - it was like a cut-price version of the Lion King

After the hectic day we had yesterday, today's plan was deliberately more sedate. First up, a Blusteryday Clan favourite: crazy golf!

The course was pretty well themed (Ok it's no Winter Summerland) but it certainly tested us!

Paula won (of course!). Justice will be mine next time.

Guess who got the wooden spoon! 😂

After a swim in the rapids, the sun came out...AND IT ALMOST FELT WARM!

Seriously, it could almost have been August. Oh, wait

So Paula and I decided to leave the kids to the WiFi and we walked down to the lakeside beach. It's great that we can leave the kids for a little while and we can get a little space to ourselves.

The lake was busy with boats, wakeboarders, kayakers and those braving the zip wire. Yesterday's monsoon seemed like a lifetime ago!

We collected the kids and it was time for our last meal at the Forrester's Inn.

Paula had the veggie penne pasta - she said it was the best she had ever had (and the portion size was huge)

I had the Falafel burger, spiced just right.

This is Harry's chicken curry - again huge portion sizes!

It was a great meal all round and a fitting way to finish our last full day.

We won't be rushing off tomorrow as we have booked a boat trip round the lake tomorrow (weather permitting!)

Back to our cozy villa - it's served us really well this week.

As have these bad boys - packing cubes! Paula swears by them and it does seem like you can pack more.

And we do need to keep organised as it's not the end of the holiday tomorrow, it's the holiday-within-the-holiday as we travel down to Orpington (Hi, Minniefan!) for a weekend in London before week head off to Disneyland Paris next week!

G'night all!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List