View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

and now the end is near ...Skipper Canteen and MNSSHP

We arrived at MK around 2.30pm for a late lunch / early tea at Skipper Canteen before the party. We have never eaten here before so we were excited to try a new place to eat.

No bread service was offered here - it’s funny how you get used to it and then really notice it when you don’t get it.

We didn’t get any jokes from the server but that was fine - lots of people commented on Eva’s Donald outfit and it was fun interacting with other people who were also dressed up.

To start I chose the corn cakes with pulled pork. These were really good. Eva got chicken noodle soup ... I’m afraid to say it went back. It tasted of old fish water. I think they’d possibly run low and just filled it up with boiled water. Eva decided to have the falafel instead. It wasn’t exactly swapped with good grace to be honest. However the falafel tasted great.

Mains - steak fur be which was lovely and Eva got an adult sized chicken nuggets.

Our friends met us there for a drink so I used up a spare credit for them to have some falafel and steak salad and a kids meal of mac and cheese (they paid oop for the Mac and cheese)

When the bill came they hadn’t taken off the soup. Quickly sorted although the server wasn’t happy about it. 15% instead of 20% tip left. After the previous night service issue at Flying Fish I wasn’t in the mood for stroppy servers. I had a couple of glasses of Sauvignon blanc and we were ready to pretend it was Halloween.

The party was fantastic. We started with a bit of trick or treating, then rode a few rides with little to no wait. We waited a bit for Space Mountain but not more than 20 minutes.

A highlight was meeting Donald Duck for Eva. It was quite special to see the ducks interacting.

The lines for the characters were really long so we didn’t meet anyone else - we waited around 45 minutes for Donald.

We had booked the dessert party as I knew we would need a break and I’m glad we did - we had started in the parks at 8 done Star Wars and were in MK until 12.30am so the break worked well for us.

I took sone photos of all the desserts. They did also later bring out some cheeseburger spring rolls which I didn’t photograph.

As well as below there was a s’mores station and ice cream.

Drinks were green cider, lemonade, water, coffee, hot chocolate.

The cookie was from a ice your own cookie station for the kids.

Everything was nice - standard dessert party. They had mini portions of all the specialty desserts on sale around the park so we got to try them all. I preferred the savoury stuff and we both filled up.

Eva had at this point changed out of Donald into her normal clothes as it was too hot but she still rocked Halloween with the ears and light up pumpkin necklace.

We arrived at the party just after 9 and then moved into plaza gardens just before 10 for the fireworks. There was loads of space for us to sprawl out on the grass amongst the chaos of the crowds trying to get in front of the castle and it’s thus reason we chose to do the dessert add on. I lay on the grass for 20 minutes looking at the sky relaxing before sitting up to watch the show. Standing wasn’t necessary as we were at the front but just before the end a couple of families decided to stand in front of us and put kids on their shoulders so we had to move. Don’t get why these people did that - in a roped off area with great views the kids didn’t need to be on the shoulders - It’s just plain selfish. Anyway. I digress. The fireworks are new this year and they are fantastic. It’s a lot of castle projections and it’s stunning. Amazing. Superb. Absolutely loved it. Here’s some photos..

After the fireworks we went over to Haunted Mansion which was pretty cool with the smoky effects and characters outside. We cage out of HM just in time for the second parade which was pretty busy. Very good though.

Just time for a last go of splash before returning to the hub for the final showing of hocus pocus before the bus ride home for our final sleep.

Here’s a photo of the candy haul Eva picked up through the night ...

And this sign had gone up in reception tonight

Edited at 06:31 PM. Reason: Add photo
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List