View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

going home day

The day we all dread. I’m writing this from the comfort of my sofa after an 8 hour post flight sleep in my own bed. It’s really cold and wet back here in Manchester and I am missing Florida already albeit I am glad we got hone before Dorian hits. It’s only now I have properly seen the news that I realise how bad the hurricane news is.

Our final day started with me getting up at 7 to pack. I let Eva sleep ahead of the long flight.

I had a few meal credits and a handful of snacks left. I used a couple of meal credits on omelettes and tator tots for breakfast - I forgot to take photos as I was stressing with packing. We headed down to the pool for one last swim and lunch of voodoo chicken sandwich (this is tremendous with sauce and mushrooms and cheese with the chicken) and chicken tenders which we shared. One last quick service wine for me before being collected at 1.30 .. we swapped up one meal credit and a couple of snacks for chocolate bars in the hotel shop. We almost managed to eat the lot of our deluxe dining allocation.

We weren’t very hungry at the airport but it’s our tradition to always go to outback for wings on going home day so Eva insisted we not break that tradition.

Huge portion of wings - the photo is half a portion as we split them ...

I had two large glasses of wine ... I hate flying so these were needed!

Boarded Tinkerbelle and took off on time. For tea on board (premium cabin) the choices were beef stroganoff, bbq chicken and paneer curry with okra.

Eva had beef and I chose curry. Both were pretty ok for return menu and we shared them both.

We both slept right through until we were woken with a light breakfast which neither of us really touched. A soggy croissant (yuk) plain yoghurt and sone melon. Wasn’t worth waking for.

And that’s the end folks. I’m looking forward to a curry takeout shortly and some kitty cuddles.

I’m going to put some thoughts together on our highs and lows after my chicken tikka masala. Next year is already booked at Port Orleans Riverside. Guess I need to update my countdown 😊😂

Thank you for reading along and commenting it’s been fun sharing our food adventures with you all x

Edited at 07:03 PM. Reason: Photo change
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List