View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 16, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Men’s Free Program (Woo Hoo! My Favourite!):

Lots of Yuzuru Hanyu fans in evidence tonight. Great to see the Garden looking so full (though it was STILL not sold out).

English Interest:

Philip Harris made the Free Program, but didn’t skate too terribly well. I forgot to photograph him...sorry!

The Americans:

My favourite American program was that of Grant Hochstein - he skated to a Les Mis medley.

The Americans (Adam Rippon, Max Aaron and Grant Hochstein) skated well in their free programs, but none of them placed in the top five - which means that the United States will only send two men to Worlds next year. Such a shame...but they just didn’t have the technical content.

Gold Medalist Javier Fernandez (of Spain):

He skated great (to music from "Guys and Dolls", loved this!) - defending his title and again beating Yuzuru Hanyu. BUT...

Hanyu lost the medal more than Fernandez won it, which isn’t what anybody wanted. Despite his shaky skate (to “Seimei” (?)), Hanyu still won the silver medal, and received MANY Winnie the Pooh toys from his adoring fans.

An aside:

Is this the first time that Worlds has had “sweeper boys”? How adorable were they, in their little tuxes?

Bronze went to Jin Boyang of China, skating to music from “How to Train Your Dragon”.

Holy cow! He is a jumping machine...hopefully his artistry will come along as he gets older.

Flags were then raised and the Spanish national anthem was sung.

Back to the Westin...hopefully a bit more sleep tonight...

continued in next post

Edited at 10:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List