View Single Post
Old 10 May 19, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

CBR ‘Downgrade’ from Pirate to Standard?

We booked a pirate room at CBR to get the free dining, before they added standard rooms - it was a price we were happy to pay and we just wanted to secure the holiday. Now wondering whether we should save ourselves around £500 (after amendment fee) to switch to a standard room.

These are my thoughts. What would you do? Any recent experience to help me make my decision?

Against pirate room:
*Distance from main building (not sure exactly what this is. I walk just over a mile to work every day in about 15 mins, so I’m thinking about a mile from what I’ve read? This would mainly be an issue for accessing main pool.)
*Poor reviews for location and mattress comfort.
*Double beds, which I believe are smaller than U.K. doubles? Would prefer queen.
*Poor reviews for bus links
*Extra cost

For pirate room:
*Spyglass Grill would mean no need to trek to main building for breakfast.
*Seems to have better reviews since refurbishment. Perhaps mattresses have been replaced?
*Children don’t know about holiday, but have seen and exclaimed over pictures of pirate rooms.
*Skyliner station appears to be just over a bridge at edge of Jamaica, so not too far?
*Reviews saying that bus links are managed better now.
*It’s already booked, so saves the hassle of changing booking and losing amendment fee.
*I just don’t like the look of the standard rooms. I’m not very sophisticated, so the pirate theming has much more appeal!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 01:12 AM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List