View Single Post
Old 18 May 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
We did a reveal for DS on the day of travel when he was 7 but he had already been twice before that.
He loves the planning, working through the countdown calendar. He will be 16 when he and I go as a twosome next year and is already engrossed in YouTubers reports from the parks and CSR.
I wouldn’t do a last minute reveal if it is the first trip - maybe give them a few months notice so they have time to get involved in the planning?
Sorry, I meant to say that they do know we are planning to go, just not when, so they are involved in the planning and anticipation (which is partly why we’ve ended up with a complicated three-hotel split stay to fit in with everyone’s wishes!) We’re also getting input on restaurants and rides for ADRs and FPs.

Having said that, I’m now leaning towards telling them sooner rather than later, and saving the last-minute reveal for a future DLP trip
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List