View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
We are in Turkey at the moment and are feeling exactly the same. Don’t get me wrong the hotel is 5 star and has been great but the buffet is overwhelming we are looking forward to a meal being served to us when we are home. Our hotel is very German and Russian dominated and spending time round the pools with almost every bed occupied by a smoker is choking and not enjoyable. We have spent a fair bit of time either in the pool or down on the beach in the sea. At the same time we have had enough of the Florida theme parks too so will have to think carefully where to go next.
I found this problem too but not at a hotel but outside concert. We were at a rock concert last week and it seemed like every 2nd person was smoking. None of our close friends smoke and in fact I don't know anyone in my work office (40 people) who does.

It was a real shock to have to stand beside 20 people all chainsmoking and the wind of course blew every bit into our faces Easy to say move away but as soon as we did didn't someone else near us light up

When we go to spain we stay at all inclusive as 99% of the good middle hotels offer it for a couple of quid more but we usually hire a car or bikes and go off and explore, no-one forces you to sit in the hotel pool I don't like buffet either it makes me feel sick and you can't talk with everyone eating at different paces and waiting different times for food.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List