View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I found you! I hadn't spotted the link in your signature, oh dear.

I love the photos of you all at the beginning in the intros. The mummy selfie shot is great. Kate was a bit scared of them last summer because of their eyes, so we had to avoid them at all costs if we saw them.

The airbnb apartment looks fab, and your plans are really coming together. We got the 3 attractions ticket explorer pass and used it for empire state, TOTR and the ride. SOL was booked separately and I considered the 5 attractions so that we could go to the 9/11 museum or the one world observatory or radio city music hall or the hoho bus or one of the many other places but actually we wouldn't have been able to fit them in. So I'm glad now that I stuck with the 3 tickets. We had 4 nights and so 3 full days, plus arrival day and then the travel to Florida day we had s 4pm flight so left at around 1pm.

The statue of liberty in the morning of the first day was perfect, even though we had some rain. It's such an iconic part of the city it felt like we were really there. Central Park was fab too once we had our sunnier days. We barely scratched the surface of it though, it's a huge place. I had planned for us to walk the Jackie O reservoir but that is up at the top (north) and we only really saw the bottom 3rd. The best part was just wandering around as everywhere feels familiar from tv shows and films. The buildings are huge and looking up at the sky was great just amazing to see them stretching up.

I'd have loved to have seen a show on Broadway too, I bet Chicago will be great. I'm looking forward to reading all about it. I'm going to check out the other half of your holdiay now!

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List